It has been a while since I last blogged. We have had a long, difficult past month. When I married Jeff, I also married his family. I adopted another mom, dad, sister and brother. For 13 years, I had the honor of knowing and loving Jeff's mom. She fought the fight of Ovarian cancer for 4 years. Her faith remained strong and solid in her personal Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. On February 6, 2010 she was called to come to her eternal home in heaven! No more suffering. She is completely healed!
Heaven is on our hearts and minds. We are talking and reading about Heaven in our family devotionals. Dr. David Jeremiah says we are merely visitors on this earth and our citizenship belongs in Heaven.
Colossians 3:1-4 says: "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."
We are to be consumed with doing God's will and work here on earth. We are not to be consumed with the material things and worries of this life. We must not become too attached to what is only temporary. Our real home is where Christ is.
We have the assurance of a future hope in Heaven if we believe in Jesus Christ, that he died for our sins, was raised from the dead, and we put our faith in him.
Our works do not save us, but they are results of our salvation.
Be strong, look above and keep living life according to God's desires.
We love you Mom Rupp!!! We know she has received her eternal promise and hope... home with Jesus. And, we will see her again.
No comments:
Post a Comment