Friday, November 5, 2010

While the people are away, the mice do play!

I was working out in my flower beds, pulling out the dead flowers and cutting down the periennials. I came to a daylily and was trimming it down, when I found a nest. It looked liked a bird's nest... I removed the nest. Then, I saw something moving... one, two, three... MICE! So, I called my husband... and he said I should take the hoe or the rake and try to get rid of them. AHHHHGHHH! I grew up on a farm, but I don't like mice. So, I took a deep breath and I killed the "Three Blind Mice!" I didn't see any more... so I continued my work... Then the mama mice comes out... looking for the babies. She is 3 or 4 times bigger. I couldn't make myself run after her. Back and forth... taunting me. Well, I missed my chance. So, I don't know if she is still hanging around... I hope not. My kids saw her later by the place that I buried the babies. We did find where she dug up our yard to build her nest... So, I now have a new thing to add to my resume... Life is just as interesting in the city!

No comments: