Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More Injuries

We were playing baseball in the backyard at Grandpa Rupp's house. He was also mowing in the back as well, but a ways off. Darin had just thrown the wiffle ball back to me, when we heard a crunch of rocks. A rock went shooting under the mower and hit Darin, who happened to be in the path, right on his upper left forehead. Blood immediately emerged, all over. We were in shock and ran towards the house. I saw Jeff. I went and searched for ice. Darin thought he had been shot and was dead. All I could grab was a huge bag and no cloth. So, after I recollected, I found a smaller ice pack and wash cloth. I was praying. The blood had slowed, after spilling every where. Jeff was nice and methodical, while I was panicked. Glad there are two heads in a marriage. We drove to the nearest urgent care... not open. Then to the ER. Darin was doing better. We got in as fast as we could and he had to have 6 stitches. He did very well, with the process of cleaning, numbing, shots and stitches. It was such a surreal experience. But, his eye has been spared and he remained conscious. God was protecting. The stitches are out and he has to be careful of scarring now. We are on the mends. Oh and his cast is off too. YEA!

No comments: