Tying in with my sin posting... I realized that the sin I keep dealing with is worry. God keeps reminding me, through various means, not to worry or fret.
Psalm 37: 5 says: Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this.
This means to trust God with everything. We must believe that he can care for us better than we care for ourselves. He loves us so much and wants the best for us.
Worry means that there is a lack of faith in God. If I focus more on worry, than I am not focused on God and his goodness and peace.
I need to let go and rest in God's safe and loving arms.
Psalm 37: 23-24: If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
Awesome words from God. If we are trusting God with everything and doing his will, God will watch over us and direct our steps.
The cure for worry is right there. Now I must put it into practice.... and stick with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment