Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Going Through the Motions.

It has been a struggle with our son the last year on facing fears and turning them over to God. I don't know what to do some times. I also keep thinking, he is just going to get over it any time now...

Well, then I hear one of my favorite songs by Matthew West, "Through the Motions", talking about not just being passive about Christ, but active.

I think upon this...

Then a couple hours later I hear Chip Ingrim speak on the prophets of God and how they have had trial after trial in their lives, but were right at the center of God's will. He talked about Joseph and all his trials brought him to a leadership position. A true man of God.

If we are right at the center of God's will, we are going to have trials, hard days, frustrations, uncertainties and so on. We may not like it, but it means God is working on our character... our child's character. We are being stretched and strengthened in our faith.

We can't be happy and content all the time... that is what HEAVEN is for.

So, getting back to my struggles with my son... Today God revealed to me more of why I keep battling in life. It is an active faith that we must live, not passive.

No comments: