Friday, October 30, 2009

A story...

The kids and I were finishing up supper and waiting for dad to come home, so we decided to write a story. This started from the fact that we will be flying soon, first time for Darin and Ashley. (Well Darin was only 7 mos. when he first flew.)

I am riding in an airplane. I am chewing my gum, so my ears do not plug. I decide to open my airplane window. It opens! I throw my gum out the window. I ask my mom, "Will this piece of gum land on some one?" Mom says, "I don't know. But, why did you do that?"

The gum is floating down , down, down, down. It falls past clouds....and birds--heading to the ground. The gum lands on an airplane that is taking off.

As we begin to land, I notice another plane. I spot something pink on the wing. I think, "Could it be my gum?" I wonder if I will get it back.

Just then a strange, purple bird flies down and picks up my gum. The bird seems to know it belongs to me. He flies straight to my window. I open it and there is my gum!

My mouth drops open. Mom says, "Now you know why you don't litter."


The End.

By Darin, Ashley and Laura

1 comment:

Cathi said...

What a cute story! Where are you guys flying to? Be safe!