Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Vanilla Trouble

Ok I think the Vanilla has it out for me. One day, the kids and I were making some homemade frosting for graham crackers. The recipe called for vanilla. I put in a teaspoon. After mixing it up, we all tried some. Something was not right. It tasted awful. We determined it was the vanilla. I threw out an almost full bottle and made a new batch of frosting, minus the vanilla.

I buy a new bottle for the holiday baking. I use it once, several days ago. This morning, I am making breakfast, and I notice a brown liquid everywhere, on the counter under some containers.... I open the cupboard and vanilla is everywhere. The seal on the cap was not tight and it tipped over. Spilling on the cupboard, through the wood and on to the counter below. Now, just a dab left..... What is up!!!!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Well, at least your kitchen will smell good for awhile. Look on the bright side - you won't need to burn vanilla-scented candles for awhile either!