On Wed., January 13th in the late afternoon, my father was working in his machine shed. For about 5-10 min he heard some cracking, he thought was snow. He was working on putting his snowblower on the tractor. He thinks he entered the tractor to back it up... In less than a minute upon entering the tractor, the metal roof of the shed came down. For about 2 minutes, it crashed around him. Meanwhile, my mom was reading her Bible, about the destruction of Babylon. She heard the deathening sounds...
Fortunately, the tractor has two doors, one door was completely blocked, and the other door was free and open. He walked out, and there was a path laid right out of the building for him. He exited without any hinderance.
Stunned, he walked towards the house. My mom went to meet him and made sure he was alive! She said it was surreal as he walked out, the dust and snow was settling in the background. Dad looked back upon the rubble and thanked God.
This morning he told me that the place where he was standing, before he entered the tractor, had a pile of snow and part of a wooden beam staked in the ground.
Praise God he kept my dad safe in the palm of his hand. It is truly a miracle. Here are some verses that speak the truth...
Psalm 73:23
"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me to glory."
Psalm 91:14-16
"Because he loves me,' says the Lord, 'I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.'"
My dad feels as though he has a special mission from God. He was protected, and God was not ready to take him yet. I am so thankful to have my dad alive and well.
Life is precious... treasure time with your loved ones...
There is a lot of work to be done now, and the building is not covered by insurance. But, God will provide as he as in the past.
1 comment:
So grateful that your Dad is fine, Laura. You will appreciate him all the more - knowing what could have been. It strikes me, too, that he can identify - in a small way - with the terror the people of Haiti are going through .... having a building crumble down around him. Such heavy hearts as we watch the news and see the suffering there.
Post a Comment