Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ashley and Mom embrace the "Little House on the Prairie" musical!








I grew up reading the Laura Wilder "Little House on the Prairie" books, watching the television series and visiting the historical sites in Burr Oak, IA and DeSmet, SD. I read about Laura Wilder and her life. So, I decided at the last minute to take Ashley to the musical, starring Melissa Gilbert as "Ma". I worked hard watching over MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) children all last year... and I hadn't spent any of my earnings. Now it was time. I really desired to see the musical when the Sioux Falls Washington Pavilion announced it was coming.

We enjoyed some of the props before the show. A professor from Augustana was also sharing about Laura Wilder.

Since we were seated in the Mezzanine... I decided to bring binoculars to catch a better view. So, Ashley really appreciated this. Up there you can peer into the orchestra pit. That is fun.

Great music, story and acting all the way through.

I also brought a snack for Ashley at intermission. We sat by a window with a downtown view to enjoy our break!

No comments: