Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Time Away...July 5th and 6th.








Jeff and I were able to escape for a day/night! My sister and her fiancee graciously watched the kids. We ventured to a city rich in German heritage, New Ulm, MN. Jeff and I have German in our ethnic background. It was great to learn more.

We stayed at the Bingham Hall Bed and Breakfast. It is only 4 years old. I would highly recommend it. The hosts were wonderful and they provided extra special goodies: drinks, ice cream treats, coffee at 7am (right outside your room), games, dvds... We were even upgraded to their top room for free, because we happened to be the only ones there. It truly was a special gift. We enjoyed a massage chair... I am missing that.

We saw some special sights. The Glockenspiel plays chimed music three times a day. We climbed a 100 feet on Hermann the German monument. It provided a beautiful view. We also swam in a sand bottom pool, Flandrau state park. The town takes pride in their heritage. There are many interesting historical markers and festivals.

We enjoyed a quiet, relaxing get-away!

No comments: