Saturday, April 5, 2014
Praising God in the Storm
We were blessed to go to the Casting Crowns/For King & Country/Laura Story concert last night. It is always a powerful time of worship. I was reading about worship in David Jeremiah's "Discover Paradise". He said worship is to be offered up to the Lord from our heart, soul and mind; "knowing that the object of our worship is on the throne that we'll see when we look through the door in Heaven." Worship gets our minds off the things of this earth and onto the things in Heaven. Jeremiah says, "When we see Heaven, earth starts to make more sense." That is why I love the glimpses of Heaven when God's people gather to sing and praise God, at concerts.. church...conferences. "Worship is the avenue that leads us from the emptiness of this world to the fullness of the next world." At the concert, I appreciated Casting Crowns displaying the lyrics to the songs. I was able to listen and focus. I was thinking a lot about my dad last night, especially when "Praise You in the Storm" was sung.
*****And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands
For You are who You are no matter where I am
And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand
You never left my side and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
Read more: Casting Crowns - Praise You In This Storm Lyrics | MetroLyrics ******My family never stopped praising God, even when we hit our lowest of lows. God is faithful and good. He never left our side. No tear is unnoticed. After the storms, comes the rainbow! ***2 other great thoughts from Mark Hall with Casting Crowns. We were created to KNOW God and make God KNOWN! God doesn't want us to simply survive each day, He wants us to THRIVE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment