My husband and kids were waiting outside the auditorium towards the completion of my sister's graduation. I was sitting with my sisters and parents inside. Once the graduates marched past, I quickly scooted out to where I thought my family previously was.
They were gone. I froze as mass amounts of people excited the auditorium. I thought, "I will just wait for the rest of my family to come out." I waited and waited. No family anywhere!
Alone in a sea of people.
Thankfully, I had my cell phone. Thankfully, but wait... a vibrating sound alerted me... "Low Battery." My only lifeline to my family was almost non-existent-- like the battery lines on my phone.
My fingers quickly pressed buttons to recapture my sanity. My husband didn't answer. "Hello, I am sorry I can't answer your call..." AGHHH. I called another phone. They didn't answer.
HELP! I am beginning to panic. Ok God, please help me out.
People continue to pass by me. Everyone is connecting with their families. Everyone except me. No one cares that a young mother of two is LOST!
Finally, I try one more person. "Hello!" "Are you calling me," she says. "Yes, where are you? I am lost," I say. Time was precious. I didn't know how long my phone would last. Getting impatient, I say, "quickly tell me where you are." Finally, my sister holds up her arm. I see her.
I reunite with everyone. No one knew that I was lost. I thought, "they didn't even care!" I guess every one was filled in on the meeting spot-- but me.
I was mad and embarrased all at the same time... but found.
I am one to think and rethink about situations. Thinking way back, I was always afraid of being left or forgotten. Well, it finally happened at age 35.
It made me think of other lost people I pass each day. They are looking for a lifeline... Jesus Christ. Do I just pass by without a thought or care that they are lost. I know what it means to be found. I need to be open to God using me each day.
1 comment:
I'm sorry you got lost. I'm glad you found us.
Post a Comment