Thursday, December 4, 2008

Forgetful

It has been a forgetful day for the Rupp household. I came home, after dropping the kids off and noticed one of Darin's library books. I guess 2 out of 3 books is not bad.

I started my exercise routine and then moved on to cleaning. Many times, I walked by the garbage in the garage. Hearing the sounds of a garbage truck, mid-cleaning, I race out in my workout shorts and tanktop. The garbage man whirs by me, without even a nod in my direction. "I am here!" Wait...!!!" I left the garbage out, in hopes he did look back and see a frantic, freezing mom with the garbage in tow!!! Oh yes, the recycling bin too....

I have to admit I was rather frustrated, by my lack of responsibility. Then, I thought, this is not the end of the world. The garbage man will return, after another 7 days of garbage... He has saved me before, by coming back to collect my forgotten garbage.

It gave me the opportunity to share with my son that we do make mistakes and forget. It is not a big deal. We may get frustrated at our own lack of responsibility, but it is alright.

It also made me think how God never forgets about me. He knows my name. He knows the number of hairs on my head. It frustrates him, I am sure, when I forget to talk to him and read his word. That is where the real matters lie. It is not in a forgotten library book or garbage can, but forgetting to seek God first, or praising and thanking him for all the blessings he has granted me.

No comments: