I don't know about you, but growing up I would go caroling through the nursing homes, to neighborhoods and schools with 4-H, my church or school choir groups. And, I have not been for a long time.
We are leading a small group at church this year. Our daughter, Ashley, is following a December activity calendar, and one of the activities is to go caroling. So, we invited the families in our small group to minister to some of our church members. We went to a nursing home first. We sang for someone there.It meant so much to the family. Then the activity gal heard us and invited us to sing at their sing-along. So we went through our 5-6 song repetoire. They loved to hear and see the kids. Our kids had never gone before. Then we greeted the residents. I walked past the activity director and she had tears running down her cheeks. The Holy Spirit was moving. She also recognized Jeff from the station!
Our hearts were full of joy. So, we surprised a couple who is battling cancer, and sang outside their door. Our last stop was to a widowed man, who doesn't get out much. He enjoyed it and invited us in, as it was cold.
As I prepared for the day, I was unsure of details...the "who" especially. God knew exactly and orchestrated the entire evening.
The kids all want to go again. We celebrated at Dairy Queen. The kids wanted to carol there as well. We were the only ones there, with the cold weather and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment