I quoted somthing from Martha Washington, now I have a great recipe from Martha Stewart. We tried it last night for the first time. It was wonderful!
Warm White Bean Salad
1 Tblsp olive oil
1/2 small red onion, diced
2 med carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 med. red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced
1 garlic clove slivered
1 can(19 oz)cannellini beans- drained and rinsed
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
coarse salt and pepper
2 tsps fresh lemon juice
In a small saucepan, heat the oil over med. heat. Add the onion and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is lightly browned, about 5 min. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook stirring, until pepper is crisp-tender, about 3 min. Stir in beans, lemon zest and 1 cup water, and season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover, and cook until beans have absorbed most of the liquid--about 10 min. Stir in the lemon juice; season again with salt and pepper...Serves 4.
I was a bit short on time, so used the microwave, and it still came out very tasty! ENJOY!
1 comment:
Sounds interesting, I think I'd like it...maybe the fam?
Post a Comment