Saturday, January 28, 2012

Serve one another in LOVE

Our church is reading through the book of Galatians. Galatians 5:14 says: "The entire law is summed up in a single command:'Love your neighbor as yourself.". How are you doing at loving others... your spouse...your family..your neighbors...church members...strangers...?

My Bible study notes always help me ponder this some times, impossible task. "When we are not motivated by love, we become critical of others. We stop looking for good in them and see only their faults." This is when we need to remember Jesus' command to love one another. When we feel the need to criticize, get mad,, judge.... Think about the positive qualities in that person. Think about how God created and loves that person.

As soon as I read God's word and apply it, I always get tested. I will admit, that half the time I fail. The driver next to me pulls out in front of me, my kids are fighting again...my spouse doesn't say the right thing.... And I don't respond with God's love or I don't feel like serving in "love".

We can only complete this command with God's Holy Spirit working in us. So let's put love at the top of the list as we focus on the master model of Love..our Heavenly Father!

No comments: