Friday, August 31, 2012
Desperate Need
Desperate...having an urgent need, desire, etc.: desperate for attention
This morning I decided to bike for my exercise. I enjoy biking as long as I can, as I can't bike when snow comes. Today the sun is shining and the wind is blowing against me from the East. I like to pray as I ride through the streets of my neighborhood. I listen for God's voice. I pray for God to use me. I turn down a street I don't normally go down. When I come to an intersection, I see a white sign. My first thought, "Oh, there must be a garage sale." As I get closer I find I am clearly wrong. The sign says something like this: "My family is in desperate need of prayer! Please pray for us!" I immediately ride by the house praying for the family, lifting them up before the thrown of God. I stop and place my hands over the house and keep praying! I don't know the families needs, but God does. I am simply asked to pray.
Be alert, slow down, listen to God's voice. He is calling each of us to be an open vessel. It may not be clearly written on a sign like today, but it may be on the heart of the person at the grocery store or the car next to you at the stop light, or your next door neighbor.
"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment