Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer

Every summer, it hits me. No matter what I do. I always feel the summer just slipping out of my grasp. We pack in all the fun. We do not have schedules. Then it hits me, school is almost here. I wrote this poem to help me with my feelings. I am trying and praying for peace and embracing the new school year. Summer, summer is here. Watermelon, water parks Playing 'til it's after dark. But just as it begins... Summer starts to slip away. Trips and travels to new places. Pools, lakes and family faces. But just as it begins.... Summer starts to slip away. Hot days, hot nights. Ice cream, wacky water fights. But just as it begins... Summer starts to slip away. Late nights, cards and fireflies. Sticky s'mores and cozy campfires. But just as it begins.... Summer starts to slip away. Biking, hiking, baseball games. Flowers, gardens do proclaim. But just as it begins.... Summer starts to slip away. Perhaps, some how, we could extend the fun. Detour summer; rewind to where we had begun. But just as it begins, Summer starts to slip away. So enjoy every minute, do not fear. Summer, summer is still here.

No comments: