Friday, November 30, 2012
"JOY" In a Car Collision?
The word "JOY" appears over 150 times in the Bible. Right now, this is a joyful time of year.. "Joy To The World The Lord Has Come" I recently memorized these words from Psalm 90:14: "Satisfy us in the morning, O LORD, with your unfailing love, that we may sing for JOY and be glad all of our days."
I finished up Bible study and headed home to meet Jeff for a walk and lunch. I started cleaning, while waiting for him. He called and said he was on the way...shortly after, I see 2 missed calls. I called him back and he had been rear-ended in our car. Jeff came to a quick stop and the person behind did not stop in time. He had some whiplash. I was so thankful it was not more serious. But, it was still frustrating as we have a scrape, our fault, on our van that is still not fixed. I just asked "why"??? I started cleaning some more, working out my frustrations. I tend to dwell on the negative of the situation and can't let it go.... I talked to my mom and she told me to start offering prayers of Thanksgiving to God. God calls us to be thankful in ALL circumstances. Jeff came home and we still had our walk and lunch.
Being Thankful, being Joyful. This is what sets us apart as believers in Christ. Happiness comes and goes in regards to our circumstances. Joy, from the Holy Spirit, bubbles inside us-- and is present in our ups and downs.
So, here is my thankful list and the Joy in our recent trial.
I am thankful the kids were not riding in the back of the car.
I am thankful damage is minimal to the bumper.
I am thankful Jeff got into the chiropractor right away,they even opened early for him.
I am thankful for our Christian State Farm assistant that helped us immediately.
I am thankful we had the same car insurance.
I am thankful the young lady that hit our car is a listener of the radio station and her parents are missionaries.
I am thankful for times like these that stretch us and draw us closer to God.
At supper that night we were talking about the name of the young gal involved in the accident. Jeff said her name is, "JOY"! I could not believe it. I shook my head and looked down at my plate, which also said "JOY"! Truly, JOY does come in a car collision. Truly God fills us with HIS JOY in times of frustration and discouragement... in ALL times. We prayed for Joy later that night. Thank you God that you work in all circumstances.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
praying for complete healing and thanks for sharing your story of joy. Glad Jeff is ok!
this happened to us a couple of years ago, more accidents happen over the holidays when people are distracted. they need to keep telling people this on the radio (hint hint!) actually, that's where I first heard it ;) So, thanks for the info on 150 repetitions of JOY! Glad to hear you were praying through it Laura
Post a Comment