Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Climbing a Mountain!
I have never climbed a mountain; but I am learning to climb a mountain of other sorts...Grief. People seek the adventure and thrill of climbing a physical mountain. The mountain of grief is not one to be desired. It is something I cannot go around. I must take one step at a time..trudging upward-- not knowing what is on the other side down. Grief is difficult to understand. One moment, I am going about my day and I see a Cribbage game. I think of how my dad loved to play Cribbage. The tears flow. Or I feel easily frustrated and mad. Sometimes, just plain blah! The memories flood my mind.. The last times I heard my dad's voice and felt his touch.
I do know I am never alone. Even if I lose everything, I will never lose my relationship with God! God is my rock, strength, comfort and hope. He is leading me up the rough, jagged path of my mountain. He will not let me slip or stumble. God sees all and knows all. I must keep looking up and following God. He is my constant companion. God sees every tear and feels my pain and sadness.
So, just as a mountain climber packs his backpack to meet his needs, I pack mine. I turn to the word of God. I find the Psalms very comforting. David cried out to God. He laid his heart and soul before God. I can do the same. I remember the wonderful memories,especially of this summer.. special times with my dad. I write down my thoughts and words I want to say to dad. I place pictures of my dad around me, which are sometimes too much to bear. I record comforting scripture in my notes. I read Jesus Calling.. a wonderful devotional. It speaks right to my heart, at just the right time. I communicate and share with family. I ponder all the wonderful cards, words, prayers, meals and more..displayed in our lives by the body of Christ.
Someone sent me a card that said the relationship with my dad is not over, it is simply interrupted. We will be reunited in Paradise for eternity! What a day of rejoicing that will be. Until then, I will keep pressing on...upward on onward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Makes me think of the book Hinds Feet on High places. The mountain journey the Lord has Much Afraid make. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Praying for you and for all the September birthdays. It's going to be hard to not have him here tomorrow.
Post a Comment