Sunday, July 20, 2014
Storing up Treasures in Heaven!
This past week, I was helping my mom go through my dad's files. In the lower level, corner office there are pieces of my dad every where you look. I have not been down there in some time. My dad loved to process, organize and file papers. My mom said he would sneak in more file cabinets to hold the many files. We went through folders with past church bulletins- to school grades-- to important farm documents. We saw my dad's character and his godly walk. I found a letter he wrote explaining that heart problems run in his family, which is how my dad died. We do need to handle paper, throwing or storing, almost everyday. I am so glad that my dad does not need to work with papers-- any kind, any more. It also makes me think about storing treasures in heaven. None of the earthly things went with my dad. We are left to sift through them. I am trying to make each day count-- honoring and glorifying God. I want to "Do Something" as Matthew West writes in his song. I am trying to get my kids excited about serving and helping others...storing treasures in heaven.
Matthew 6:19-20 says,"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks Laura for helping mom and a good reminder for us all.
Yes, good reminders. I think I will be going back again sometime.
Post a Comment