My daughter and I made some monster cookies last night. I found an easy recipe from Paula Dean online. It is really nummy. And, this the first cookie that I can actually say turned out well for me. I really think it is because there is no flour involved. I love the taste of oatmeal and chocolate together, especially fresh out of the oven.
3 eggs
1 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 12 oz. jar of creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 c. multi-colored choc. candies
1/2 c. choc. chips
1/4 c. raisins, optional
2 tsp. baking soda
4 1/2 c. quick cooking oatmeal
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter and butter. Mix well. Stir in the choc. candies, choc. chips, raisins, baking soda and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 min. Do not overbake. Let stand for 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
1 comment:
I love monster cookies!! I didn't know you blogged :) I'll have to read it :)
Post a Comment