Monday, September 8, 2008

Letting Jesus Live Through Me!

I am in a constant battle where I want to witness to people about the power and redemption of Jesus Christ, yet I fear what it involves.

The early believers (in Acts) were filled with the Holy Spirit and went out and preached the good news of Jesus Christ.

I want to be filled with the Holy Spirit and follow whatever Christ lays upon my heart.

My friend and I have the "Million Dollar" bill tracts. It lists the 10 commandments on the back, who Jesus is and how to accept Jesus Christ into your life. My friend took some to the Minnesota State Fair--handed some out. Well on the way home, we stopped at Burger King in Mankato. I saw some familiar faces. A guy I went to high school with and his dad. Now, this classmate was popular and filled with worldly things, not of Christ. His dad had already spied the Million Dollar bills in my friend's car. So, my friend gave them each one. I don't know where or what they did with them, but I prayed for them. Who knows how God will work through this meeting? Planting the seeds.

Last week at my son's soccer practice a troubled family was there at the park. They were there the previous week too. Unkind words flowed from one of their mouths and filled the park. I didn't know how to respond. I prayed and God told me to hand out a "Million Dollar" bill. They were just about to leave and I handed it to one of the boys. His whole face lit up. Wow! A million bucks! He hadn't even read the best part yet!!! Just think how happy he would be if Jesus filled his heart. I prayed for them as well.

Letting Jesus live through me.....

No comments: