Sunday, September 14, 2008

Playground Philosophy

As I was telling you about my previous playground experience, I was also going to try and show God's love to the kids I come in contact with.

Well, I was able to put that into practice as I went to Recess and Lunch with my son on Friday. After pushing a girl on the swing, I met up with my son. We started kicking a soccer ball. Minutes later, a boy from his class came to join us. It was hard for my son to share my time with him. I was trying to show love and be engaging. I knew this boy needed it. We then moved on to basketball. I tried to build the boy's self esteem and cheer for his shots as I did for my son. Well, needless to say, I have a "new friend".

My son wasn't so sure about this relationship. I told him that God would like us to show his love to all people. I also said that his classmate may not have a mom or dad that can come to spend time with him at school, like me.

I think it was sinking in.

It was a start any way.

No comments: