OH the trials and tribulations of the elementary playground. I visited my kindergarten daughter today.. went to lunch and recess. While there, I stopped a food fight, helped open milk and applesauce, tied shoes and tried to resolve the problems of the playground.
I think as soon as you step foot on to the playground, kids hone in on the "parental figure". "Can you push me?" " Can you watch me play hopscotch?" "Those kids are not letting me have a turn." "Those kids are being mean." "That girl is bleeding." UGHHH. Didn't I simply plan to spend some time with MY daughter at school. Immediately, I am thrown into the drama of elementary children.
But, wait a minute. Is it not the same for Jesus Christ who stepped into the crowds of people? They were crying out for him to heal them or talk with them. Jesus welcomed them, especially the children. He did not turn them away.
I want to be like Christ and be used for his glory. If that means helping school children, who may not know Jesus, then I am willing.
Jesus Christ is the perfect example of a servant.
No comments:
Post a Comment