Friday, January 9, 2009

Testing

God certainly has a way of responding to my goals and growth in my faith. Yesterday I blogged about being an active believer--being different from the average person who does not know Christ.

Well, I was walking with my friend at the mall today. We were rounding our 2nd lap when an elderly woman calls out to call 911. Now, my cell phone is getting old and my battery dies on one phone call. I also was not going to bring it with me because of that fact. But, something told me to today. I dial 911. Her husband is unstable, feeling faint. She is very concerned. My friend comforts them and helps take vitals. I talk to the dispatcher and relay questions and answers. God is totally working on all to remain calm. The ambulance is on its way. We wait until they come. Then we start walking again. Both, a bit frazzled. We both thought that we should have prayed for the couple. But, we were busy with checking and talking to the dispatcher. God also granted my phone to work without it dying. Wow!

We come around on our 3rd lap and see the woman. She is upset, with tears in her eyes. We ask to pray with her. Her husband is on his way to the hospital. She accepts our offer and my friend and I wrap our arms around this woman and lift her up in prayer. She and her husband are believers in Christ. Praise God. It blesses her and gives her peace.

Thank you God for pouring your Holy Spirit into two open vessels.. to be used by you! God was truly there.

The other thing is that the couple had fellow walking friends there to bring comfort--- one they hadn't seen for a long time.

God is Good!

No comments: