Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 16

The Weather! It has been so nice to have some warmer days. The snow has melted. I see some green grass. I was able to take down my Christmas decorations by our front door. I saw my first robin in our front tree. I know March weather is still very up and down. I know snow may still come, but it won't be staying long! Spring is coming! Walking outside and fresh air inside... Here is a poem about March and the weather.... March The sun is nervous as a kite that can't quite keep it's own string tight.****Some days are fair, and some are raw. The timid earth decides to thaw.****Shy budlets peep from twigs on trees. And robins join the chickadees. ****Pale crocuses poke through the ground like noses come to sniff the ground.*** The mud smells happy on our shoes. We still wear mittens, which we lose.*** John Updike (Barking Frog Farm)

No comments: