Thursday, March 13, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 12

Someone I miss! I miss my DAD! It is almost 8 months since my dad passed from this earthly world to the eternal. And, when I look at a picture of my dad, I still can't believe it. It will still take my breath away. I want to tell him so many things in person, or on the phone. Now, I write notes to him. I still can't delete his cell phone from my list of contacts. The tears still come and go, but are not so many. My hometown, Fairmont high school basketball team made it to state. They hadn't made it since I was a junior in high school (24 years ago). I have wonderful memories of my dad driving up to the Twin Cities to watch the games. We drove up and back each time... 2 1/2 hours. We had fun cheering on our team! I am so thankful I have the memories. I am so thankful dad spent time with us! I love you dad!

2 comments:

Cathi said...

Oh Laura how this post grabbed at my heart! My dad has been gone over 3 1/2 years and I still have moments. I have a voicemail from him just a few weeks before he died and I can't bring myself to delete it. To hear those words 'I love you' help when things are hard. Grief is a process and the hole deep in your heart never fully closes, as time goes on it gets easier. Keep working thru it, and continue to hold tight to the memories.

Cathi

Laura Rupp said...

Thanks Cathi!! I am glad you have a message from your dad. It is a process.